The Washoe County School District (WCSD) has received word of six new confirmed cases of COVID-19.
WCSD is working in partnership with the Washoe County Health District to conduct contact tracing. The Washoe County Health District has determined:
- One positive at Reed High School, some exclusions
- One positive at Lemelson STEM Academy, some exclusions
- One positive at Mendive Middle School, no exclusions
- One positive at Spanish Springs High School, no exclusions
- One positive at Hunsberger Elementary, some preliminary 24-hour exclusions while further contact tracing occurs
- One positive at Drake Elementary, some preliminary 24-hour exclusions while further contact tracing occurs
The schools are following enhanced cleaning protocols per the Washoe County Health District and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
Out of privacy concerns, no other information will be shared regarding the individuals.
For more information, visit the district’s website at www.washoeschools.net for a link to the Reopening Plan and the WCSD/WCHD Outbreak Response Plan.